Updated 14 Oct 2000
WIRKSWORTH Parish Records 1600-1900
WIRKSWORTH-Parish Registers 1608-1837
----PARISH DATA not in the PRs-----
People have sent me e-mails giving data that they think belongs to
Wirksworth Parish, but they can't find in the Parish Registers. Their
e-mails will be listed here (only with their permission of course),
in the hope that the data may help someone else. If you have something
to add, please send it to
In studying the wills of some of my ancestors, I've come across the
following information relating to individuals not found in the Wirksworth
Parish records. My hope is that this may help researchers who have come to
a brick wall in their searches.
22 Apr 1688 Will of Richard Wheatcroft, husband of Hellena (?), parents of
1) Hannah Wheatcroft, born abt. 1648
2) Mary Wheatcroft, born abt. 1659, wife of Timothy Cadman, parents of
Elizabeth Cadman, born abt. 1684
3) Alice Wheatcroft, wife of William Houghton, parents of
Joshua Houghton, born abt. 1670
Thomas Houghton, born abt. 1680
William Houghton, born 17 May 1682, but listed as Holton in the records
Henry Houghton, born abt. 1684
4) son William Wheatcroft, husb. of Mary Ragg, parents of
Elizabeth Wheatcroft, born abt. 1670, married William Norman 1692
10 Feb 1754 Will of Samuel Wheatcroft, husb. of Mary Spencer, parents of
1) Mary Wheatcroft, born 1716, married Ebenezer (?) Frost, date unk.
Samuel Wheatcroft (above), husb. of Catherine Molinus, parents of
2) Sarah Wheatcroft, born abt. 1740 (?)
3) Catherine Wheatcroft, born 1751, married Mr. Leedham, date unk.
Would you please add the following:
The 1697 Will of Richard Roose, husband of Mary Worslow, parents of
Sarah Roose, born abt. 1670, married William Bamford 27 Nov 1689
In the will of Edward WHEATCROFT who died 06 Jan 1669/70 he mentions his
wife Elizabeth and a daughter Mary not found in the parish registers.
Copyright © 2000,
All Rights Reserved.