Town Hall, Wirksworth 1910
An eye-catching Italianate building in sandstone by A.B.Bradby.
The foundation stone was laid in 1871. The former owner of the
Town Hall was the Wirksworth Town Hall and Market House Co. The
area behind the filled-in street level arches once held a
butter market but is now occupied by the enlarged Library.
In the bottom right of the tinted photo is Thomas Atkinson, grocer's.
Next to that is Samuel Land's drapers shop, see:
Source:Chris Mordey, Chris Mordey's Emporium
Click on photo for enlargement (on CD only)
Have any more information about this photo? Please e-mail
the author on: