Matlock, Smedley's Hydro
Smedley's Hydropathic Establishment. The Winter Gardens
(large conservatory on the left of the main building)
was built by the author's GGFather, William DOXEY, who lived in
the grounds (to the right of the main building) with his wife
Eva and children, and held the position of Clerk of the Works.
From Smedley's own booklet:
From a letterhead dated 1905 (much more detail on CD).
Photo taken: before 1921
Source: sent by Mike Higton
Click on photo for enlargement (on CD only)
Have any more information about this photo?
Please e-mail the author on: